dimanche 18 février 2018

Kaitlyn Hova, synesthesia, music, etc.

I have this app on my Android (LG5) called P360. It's a 360° virtual reality app. From time to time I receive alerts about a new VR video. After I watched that krazy one out about making use of a bobsleigh track in Lake Placid, New York that this guy used in the summertime on a wheeled bobsleigh, I dug up a bit further in the app and found something more interesting: a woman who sees colors when she plays or hear music. Well she's not alone, for synesthesia of all sorts occur more often than not since 1 in 23 persons has some form of it. But rarely do people talk about that thinking as Kaitlyn Hova says, people having any kind of synesthesia experience thinks that everyone else does. She learned of it only when she was 21! Not that she didn't know she has this ability to see colors in musical notes but she thought everyone else did...

So, eventually her husband built this violin with which she could finally use to show to people what it is she was seeing. It's the story of this young woman who is a software engineer, neuroscientist, musician and... synesthete.

Her website

The TEDMED talk

The 360° VR I first saw on the P360 app and which is also on YouTube. You will have to play with the VR video especially when she says "You can really step in my shoes when you see what I see. Then turn 180° with your cursor on the screen.

Libellés : , ,

0 commentaires:

Publier un commentaire

S'abonner à Publier des commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil